Breaking

Wenger: We are growing game by game


Dear Arsenal supporter,

Saturday's win could have been more comfortable but we missed some early chances.

In the first 20 minutes we had at least three clear-cut opportunities and on top of that we were 1-0 down. That made the game difficult against a very dynamic Norwich side but, with our backs against the wall, we did very well.

In the second half, once we went 2-1 in front we controlled the game and were never really in trouble. Overall it was a very positive win. The team is growing from game to game, getting stronger and you sense there is mental strength in there.

I must say I was upset with the referee after Norwich scored their goal because I thought that Steve Morison brought down Per Mertesacker with his left hand. But I have told Per that you are not safe in England when you are facing your goal, unlike in other countries. He has learned that from Saturday.

Robin van Persie scored both our goals and he is simply one of the world's best strikers. He finished his winner with a chip on his right foot - and I have never seen a more left-footed player than Robin van Persie!

He always makes the right decisions in a fraction of a second when there is little time available. That makes him exceptional. Robin is 28 and my dream is that he stays until the end of his career at this Club. I will do the maximum I can to try to convince him and I hope I will manage to do that.

I was asked about my own future after the Norwich game but of course I am personally completely committed to the Club and will respect my contract until the end.

Thanks for your support.

Tiada ulasan:

Dikuasakan oleh Blogger.